Saturday 25 December 2010

GREEN TEA WITH GANDHI...


SALAM...

SOOOOO.... How are u today?.. Hopefully u're fine, it's December and in less than a week "Hello 2011" What are u up to at this time of the year? Busy with Christmas I guess. Merry Christmas btw to those of you who are celebrating... ^^, Hope you have a great one ya. While for the others who are not celebrating, cherish the public holidays while u can.. =)

Speaking of holidays, I've had among the most enjoyable time of my life for the past two weeks. Went to Melbourne, spend some quality time with some of the most important people in my life. Nooo, not me lady *Im still single btw* =p... Gosh, how cheesy can a single guy get...

Actually, I was there for my best friend's graduation and to experience Melbourne in a nutshell. Indeed the experience have been rewarding as it is mind-opening for me. We really can learn a lot from the culture of others and it is fascinating how the learning experiences give us ample opportunities to change for the better. There's actually a lot of things I want to talk about with regards to this topic but my brain is just not up to it yet. *rasanya otak ni masih dalam keadaan hibernate* hehe Hey come on, I just had quite a long flight and am currently waiting for my flight home at KLIA. *Sebenarnya inda lah long flight sangat, tapi memandangkan belum pernah flight jauh so ini boleh lah dikira long flight - 7hours 20 mins* hehe urang Brunei cakap sakai lah katakan. Ahhhh lantak lah sakai pun sakai lah.. haha =p

Anyway, the thing I want to blog about this Christmas morning is actually "novel". Yeah, novel... I am becoming interested in reading novels since early this year, but the problem is I just can finished my reading. I've been jumping from one novel to another and the usual case is I always loose interest halfway reading a novel *kadang2 baru baca brapa muka surat pun sudah hilang interest-kes hangat2 taie ayam lah* and the fact that I am a slow reader *literally* doesn't help the situation. But things got better when I start reading the book by John F Pope titled "What's Your Excuse", amazing real-life story by an inspirational individual. I managed to finished reading the book and from there I realized my initial problem was that I read stories that I can't relate to-that's why I loose interest easily. I even tried reading popular novels like "Twilight" before but its just not my cup of tea, in simple terms I think I'm more a fan of real-life stories and character, such stories are more relatable to me *no disrespect to fans of fictional novel*.

Hence, with that new theory I spent some time in a book shop this morning while waiting for my flight home. I moved from one rack to another to search for a book that would interest me. *macam kes orang cari cinta tah plang* hehe =p After almost an hour searching, I choose to buy a book about one of the most influential individual of all time - Mahatma Gandhi. Honestly I've been hearing about this man ever since I was a kid but as ignorant as a *syok sendiri kinda of kid* can be, I never spare some time to learn about him. But I decided to learn about man, what is so special about Mahatma Gandhi that he is still deeply remembered by the world today?.. What has he done to the world? What does it feels like to grow up as Mahatma Gandhi?.

So that's how this post come about, here I am waiting for my flight home while having a green tea in my left side and a book titled "The Life of Mahatma Gandhi" on the other. Perhaps I can share my review of this book in the near future *atupun kalau habis baca lah-harap2 begitu lah ya* hehe =p Ok guys, once again have a great weekend and have a great new year ahead.

And btw to Nisa Halim, this best friend of mine who is also among the most passionate, hardworking, and outstanding individuals I have ever met in my life. CONGRATULATIONS ON GRADUATION NIS!!!! You deserve it, well although I know kau jarang baca blog ani but still I want to share your accomplishment here despite the countless congratulatory messages you've been receiving from us.hehe Sekali sekala memajal bah bukan selalu kan. Tak begitu Cek Salmah. hehe

For the others, Insyallah there will be more product from Ryan next year... We'll see how things go lah k. Will update u from time to time either through here, FB or twitter...

Ok, mari kita berkenalan dengan Mahatma Gandhi. ehehehe.... ^^,

Bubyeee...

0 comments:

Post a Comment